EMB-LR1276S is a 868 / 915 MHz wireless module that combines high performance to very small dimensions and low cost, providing the system integrator a simple and easy way to add LoRa® / LoRaWAN® long range connectivity into existing products.
Notable features include:
- output power can be set up to +18 dBm (~80 mW, for US) or to +14 dBm (~25 mW, for EU)
- sensitivity up to -136 dBm
- extremely reduced power consumption in low power mode (≤1 μA in XLP sleep)
- embedded IEEE EUI-64 address (EMB-LR1276S)
- open platform
- small form factor (11.5 x 11.5 x 2mm)
- Crypto Unit (Microchip ATECC608A) to protect communication
The EMB-LR1276S module is provided with an embedded LoRa®/LoRaWAN® stack specifically developed by Microchip that allows being compliant with the latest LoRaWAN® specifications, allowing a customer to develop firmware application and manage a compatible LoRa eco-system.
The EMB-LR1276S modules are programmed with EBI-LoRa which allows the customer to use the modules as a simple, ready-to-use modem (using AT-like commands over UART; see EBI protocol pagefor more information). The evaluation kit EMB-LR1276S-EVK is strongly suggested to customers willing to develop their own firmware applications since the kit provides all tools required to download a custom firmware on the module.
Please note that the EMB-LR1276S is available in 2 versions :
EMB-LR1276S/PC – Pad connector
EMB-LR1276S/UL – with micro U.FL connector for external antenna.
- Based on Microchip SAMR34 SiP
- Program memory: 256 KB
- RAM: 32 KB
- Output power (MAX): +14 dBm / +18 dBm (with PA boost)
- 32MHz and 32Khz Crystals
- Sensitivity: -136 dBm
- AES software encryption available
- Form factor: 11.5 x 11.5 x 2 mm
- Power consumption (sleep): <1 µA
- Supply voltage: 3.3 V